Translate

Monday, July 14, 2014

Hey zeus...

...cristo.  I can hardly believe it...I perused a few of the old fly fishing forums the last week or so.  They all seem to be of the same mold.  Moldy...Now, I've been around some boards.  Too much, even.  But, even through the worst...death...taxes...and, stalkers...they are at a new low.  Take one, take 'em all...they seem to have devolved into a half dozen super flyfishermen who will let you know it by not letting you know anything they know.  Or by proxy how little they know...oh, sure they all can fish.  And, recite bona fide flyfishing...prose would be too kind, how about...I don't know...bs is all I can come up with.  What a complete waste of time.  Narcissism at its worst...hiding behind benevolent bullying.  I prefer the whores of some sites to the sanctimonious club attitude of others.  Although the whoring is toned down some, it is still unattractive for flyfishermen to be so flaming.  Reminds me of a spinning panther martin...all flash.  Like a hand grenade.  And just as easy.  Anyways, for all their differences...they all are just about as boring.  Oh...except one.  Its boring too,  but it seems to set the trend for the new flyfisher.  Abrasive, vulgar, and obscene...I would be careful showing my 18 yr old son  because I couldn't explain it.  But, it seems to set the trend for all the sites.  Drake lites...Fast, faster, and fastest.  Dead, deader, and deadest...its the full circle of a flyfishing sites life.  Open to all and then closed to all...but, the true internet weenies.  It truly is the antithesis of flyfishing.  Kinda like TU photo opting with a governor for some lame license plates while that same governor whores our resources to the highest bidder.  Another death blow for a flyfishing website.  Maybe not, but a step in the right direction.  Flyfishing would be better off for it.  Maybe there is hope...

And, since my 18 yr old son just got back from a 5500 mile trip to the west coast and back through yellowstone...here's some pics from the paradise valley a few days after mount st helens blew and the park.






No comments:

Post a Comment