Translate

Friday, July 18, 2014

Driftless vacation...

Some folks think I'm on permanent vacation...living in the driftless.  But, like anybody else there is always obligations.  I'll spare you those and stick to fishing here.  I had a window to get out today and took advantage of it.  It was after 2:00 when I finally made it over the ridge into the next valley.  A bluebird day in the low 80's in the middle of July...it ought to be illegal.  Fish rising to trudes...wild fish, too.  After several nice trout I tried other flies...sulphurs, elk hair caddis, and last weeks hendrickson that was so successful on another stream.  One rise to the caddis was all I could muster...so back to the trude and more success.  In fact it was fast fishing.  That afternoon rise I mentioned that few anglers fish in the driftless...stops by late afternoon and I think I got into it a little late.  But, a couple dozen trout in a couple of hours is more than anyone has a right to hope for.  And, I finally got some new batteries...











And the long walk back...didn't seem to mind at all.  I was on vacation...

No comments:

Post a Comment