Translate

Thursday, March 19, 2015

Just so nobody...

...thinks I've really been sleeping and doing little all winter, I thought I'd show the results of a what a long winter of goofing off online can achieve if we 'REALLY' put our minds to it.  New/Old acquisitions...I really can't say much more.  I feel fortunate to finally locate two rods I've been searching for for a long time.  One dry fly 0 ferrule and the other a 1 3/4 ferrule...one dry fly rod and one for tandem wets I love to fish.  The dry fly 8 footer is from about 1940 and the beautiful 3 piece 8 1/2 foot...both light trout designations...is from the hand made division of Heddon in 1955.  One of the last before the tonkin cane stocks ran out.  Matched with a Heddon Daisy 'featherweight' reel for the 'featherweight' Heddon rod, and a same period vintage Bakelite Henshall for the 'Bill Stanleys Favorite' and its Bakelite reel seat.  Bring on the season...














No comments:

Post a Comment